Structure and Membership:
Rowayton Yacht Club at Hickory Bluff was formed in 1986 by a group of Rowayton residents intent on preserving the local maritime heritage and protecting their access to Long Island Sound. Their efforts resulted in a club structured as a common interest community in accordance with the Connecticut Common Interest Ownership Act. Members own units consisting of individual storage lockers, along with an interest in the common areas including buildings, waterfront, piers, launches and sundry watercraft.
The club’s primary emphasis is on recreational boating. While the majority of the moorings are suitable for shoal draft vessels, a limited number of deep water moorings are available. A launch ramp and dinghy rack storage are also on site.
Customary reciprocal yacht club privileges are afforded to Rowayton Yacht Club at Hickory Bluff members through its membership in the Yachting Club of America.
Facilities and Programs:
Rowayton Yacht Club at Hickory Bluff is a member-owned yacht club. Located in Wilson Cove in Norwalk, Connecticut, looking east toward Tavern and Sheffield Islands, the Club offers easy access to the islands and to the open waters of Long Island Sound.
Club facilities include:
- Large mooring field for shoal draft and deep draft vessels
- Launch service
- Rowboats available for after-hours mooring access
- Ice and Water on the North Pier
- Clubhouse with outdoor deck and patio
- Indoor and outdoor toilet facilities
- South Pier for alfresco meals and private parties
- Gas grills
- Picnic areas
- Protected sandy beach with swim float
- Indoor and outdoor showers
- Dry sailing storage during the open season for Lasers, Optis, kayaks and dinghies
- Small boat launching ramp
Hands on instruction for sailors age 8 to 18. Beginners generally start in single-handed Optimists, advance through double-handed Pixels, then move on to single-handed Lasers or double-handed C420s.
Club Hours/Launch Hours:
- Sunday through Wednesday: 0800 -2100 (8 am – 9 pm)
- Thursday through Saturday: 0800 – 2200 (8 am – 10 pm)
- Sunday through Wednesday: 0800 – 1930 (8 am – 7:30 pm)
- Thursday through Saturday: 0800 -2000 (8 am – 8 pm)
iPad Painting by Tom Ranges
Launch service for members and their guests is available during open hours of the Clubhouse. Rowboats are available after hours.
The Clubhouse and facilities are available to members and their guests during the season as follows:
- Commissioning: Sunday before Memorial Day
- Decommissioning: Last Sunday of September or First Sunday of October
Member, Yachting Clubs of America
Rowayton Yacht Club at Hickory Bluff 77 Bluff Avenue, Rowayton, Connecticut 06853 203-854-0807 firstname.lastname@example.org Club Manager: Norm Edwards Monitor VHF Channel 68